Ketan Shrimankar is a chartered accountant by training with over 25 years of experience in diverse fields. Beginning his career as a practicing chartered accountant he quickly rose to become a partner specializing in audit and risk management practice. He went on to head equity research for a broking company and subsequently became a CEO of a broking company with operations on multiple exchanges. Later on he set up a private equity fund specializing in media and internet ventures. For last several years he has been advising diverse set of companies on growth strategy, growth and risk management. He has worked with several early stage businesses and loves mentoring them to maturity. He is a keen student of economy and futurism and loves to marry them both for business strategy, leading to significant successes both as an investor and a consultant.
- “If you can do no good, at least do no harm.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Apparently the HDFC board has never heard this. When it met on Monday, 7th Jan to decide on the planned merger with Bandhan Bank this thought never …Read More »
- On 21st September, 2018, price of Dewan Housing Finance Ltd (DHFL) fell almost 50%, wiping out close to 12000 crores of market cap. The management of DHFL was dumbfounded –it seemed they had been hit by a speeding truck. What …Read More »
- Two 13-year-olds going ballistic with their bats, smashing the opposition to a pulp, on their way to a then world-record 664-run unbeaten partnership. That knock in the Harris Shield Trophy is what first brought Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli into …Read More »
- Last October, I was reflecting on the runaway stock prices and trying to figure out why it was so. I noted down the following points in my diary as to what the equity prices for the day reflected: Optimism about …Read More »
- Fundamentals Based Investing Momentum Investing Takes a long time to deliver returns; Can deliver returns in a short time; Well thought out and researched trade; Opportunistic trade, unlikely to be researched; Based on business fundamentals of the company; Business fundamentals …Read More »