Ketan Shrimankar is a chartered accountant by training with over 25 years of experience in diverse fields. Beginning his career as a practicing chartered accountant he quickly rose to become a partner specializing in audit and risk management practice. He went on to head equity research for a broking company and subsequently became a CEO of a broking company with operations on multiple exchanges. Later on he set up a private equity fund specializing in media and internet ventures. For last several years he has been advising diverse set of companies on growth strategy, growth and risk management. He has worked with several early stage businesses and loves mentoring them to maturity. He is a keen student of economy and futurism and loves to marry them both for business strategy, leading to significant successes both as an investor and a consultant.
- The sudden drop in growth rates for multiple consumer focused companies for the Mar 19 quarter has come as a shock for investors and analysts alike. Yet the reasons for this slowdown were neither unknown nor difficult to understand, which …Read More »
- All of us are aware of the famous American Express episode with Warren Buffet. To recount in brief, a company called Allied Crude Vegetable Oil, had a great idea. Buy up the entire soybean oil surplus, which was used to …Read More »
- “If you can do no good, at least do no harm.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Apparently the HDFC board has never heard this. When it met on Monday, 7th Jan to decide on the planned merger with Bandhan Bank this thought never …Read More »
- On 21st September, 2018, price of Dewan Housing Finance Ltd (DHFL) fell almost 50%, wiping out close to 12000 crores of market cap. The management of DHFL was dumbfounded –it seemed they had been hit by a speeding truck. What …Read More »
- Two 13-year-olds going ballistic with their bats, smashing the opposition to a pulp, on their way to a then world-record 664-run unbeaten partnership. That knock in the Harris Shield Trophy is what first brought Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli into …Read More »