Ketan Shrimankar is a chartered accountant by training with over 25 years of experience in diverse fields. Beginning his career as a practicing chartered accountant he quickly rose to become a partner specializing in audit and risk management practice. He went on to head equity research for a broking company and subsequently became a CEO of a broking company with operations on multiple exchanges. Later on he set up a private equity fund specializing in media and internet ventures. For last several years he has been advising diverse set of companies on growth strategy, growth and risk management. He has worked with several early stage businesses and loves mentoring them to maturity. He is a keen student of economy and futurism and loves to marry them both for business strategy, leading to significant successes both as an investor and a consultant.
- I had read a paper by Michael Mauboussin that he had co-written with Paul Johnson way back in 1997, on Competitive Advantage Period, which explained the continuing high valuations assigned to the blue chip companies (http://people.stern.nyu.edu/adamodar/pdfiles/eqnotes/cap.pdf). This paper was written …Read More »
- Last October, I was reflecting on the runaway stock prices and trying to figure out why it was so. I noted down the following points in my diary as to what the equity prices for the day reflected: Optimism about …Read More »
- Fundamentals Based Investing Momentum Investing Takes a long time to deliver returns; Can deliver returns in a short time; Well thought out and researched trade; Opportunistic trade, unlikely to be researched; Based on business fundamentals of the company; Business fundamentals …Read More »
- Recently there was a war of words on Twitter between two stalwarts in the field of financial services in India. One bemoaned the fact there is no home grown giant in the e commerce or social media field unlike in …Read More »
- As is de rigueur, let me start with a quote by Warren Buffett: “If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.” When you intend to be a long …Read More »